In honor of my mom, whose birthday was a couple days ago (no, I won’t say what year!), and who *loves* cherries and white chocolate, here are some lovely little bites of happy. I’m kind of in love with dried cherries at the moment, and luckily my husband doesn’t like them, so they’re all mine! (He did eat the cookies though…shhh!)
White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cherries and Cashews
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- ½ cup roughly chopped cashews
- ½ cup dried cherries
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each one. Add the vanilla and mix gently to combine.
- Add the flour to the butter and mix. Carefully stir in the white chocolate chips, cashews and cherries.
- Bake at 350 for about twelve minutes, or until golden.